Books & More
Links to online books and literature, reviews and book lists!
Book and Literature Resources
Whether you are looking for literary criticism or your next great read, our premium Book and Literature Resources provide access to book reviews, author biographies, and much more.
OverDrive - Download eBooks to your Nook, Kindle, iPad etc for free! In addition to eBooks, patrons can download eAudio Books and movies to their MP3 players. Follow the link, or stop in and speak with a staff member for more information.
- Project Gutenberg - over 19,000 free online books.
- Great Literature Online - Classic poetry and fiction online with author biographies.
- Internet Public Library - links to online books from Aesop's Fables to cowboy poetry.
- Librivox- listen to books online
- Library Audio Books
Book News and Reviews
- The latest news about books from the New York Times as well as weekly book reviews.
- Read up on what NPR has to say about the latest books and interesting authors.
- Online Reading Groups
Bestsellers and Award-Winners
- Check out the Best Seller lists from Book Sense
- Browse for award-winning books
- Amazon Best-Sellers
Amazon.com's list of their 100 best sellers, plus links to lists for paperbacks and audio books.
- New York Times Best-Seller Lists
Fiction, non-fiction, children's, business, and paperback lists from The New York Times.
- USA Today 150 Best-Selling Books
List of the best-selling books in America, hardbacks and paperbacks listed together.
- San Francisco Chronicle Best-Sellers
Top-selling fiction and non-fiction in the Bay Area, updated weekly.
- Barnes & Noble Bestsellers
Top 100 sellers at this online bookstore, updated hourly
- Publishers Weekly
'The magazine's list of libraries' most borrowed fiction and non-fiction.